Thursday 2 August 2012

Pressed Flowers - Greeting Cards - Part 1

Hello Readers,

I am sharing some of my flower pressed greeting cards in three series over the few weeks.

I learnt this art from my father, in 1994-95. He was gifted artist, he was great at painting portraits and nature. He loved pressing flowers and collecting dead butterflies and moths most of his life. So I always had collection of dried flowers and butterflies to make these beautiful greetings.

Some of the cards were also made by him, which I would love to preserve for rest of my life. I have laminated all the cards so the butterflies and flower petals don't fade and are safe to carry through customs office in Australia.

Enjoy these collections..... in coming weeks





View second part of the series"Pressed Flowers - Greeting cards - Part 2  


Thanks so much for visiting The Craft Gallery. I would be honoured if you would take a moment to like our new Facebook Page "The Craft Gallery"

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful.Something different. And your father was really great artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ranjana. Yes I like this craft a lot, but since moving to Australia, I don't have the big collection of pressed flowers anymore, so can't pursue it yet. I am in process of collecting some, so can go back to this art soon.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Ana. Its nice to see y our Hindi blog .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!

I do read every single comment you leave and appreciate it very much!

The journey so far for The Craft Gallery !

Dear friends, I am humbled to see how my simple hobby craft blog " Miss Crafty" has now turned in to an Online Gallery showcasi...